Sympa Menu

linux-sony-z1 - Re: [linux-sony-z1] Changing synaptics touchpad settings in xorg.conf in Mandrake 10.2 (Mandriva 2005 LE)

Subject: Linux users of Sony Z1 series

Re: [linux-sony-z1] Changing synaptics touchpad settings in xorg.conf in Mandrake 10.2 (Mandriva 2005 LE)

  • From: Brouard Nicolas <>
  • To:
  • Cc: Linux Sony Z1 users <>
  • Subject: Re: [linux-sony-z1] Changing synaptics touchpad settings in xorg.conf in Mandrake 10.2 (Mandriva 2005 LE)
  • Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 15:52:42 +0200

Hi all,

Let me remember you that the list is not moderated for subscribed people
and that the diffusion is not delayed. But if you send a message to

under a another email then your message is
moderated (to avoid spams mainly).
Sergei's message (sent under a different email than his subscribed
email) diffusion was delayed because I was abroad.

Basic kernels of Mandriva Linux 2005 did not include latest 2.6.11-rc1
Alps patch and thus double tapping does not work.
I have had a lot of discussion on the inclusion of this patch with
Mandrake but in vain. Next kernel will include the patch.
But xfree.xpm recognizes the Alps touchpad and should be correctly
parameterized now.

You can get Alps/patched Mandriva Linux kernel on
http://sauvy.ined.fr/sony/rpm, for example
kernel-i586-up-1GB-2.6.11.6.6nb2mdk-1-1mdk.i586.rpm

You can also use qsynaptics to tune the Alps pad (and set double
tapping).

The remaining problem is that if you plug another mouse, XFdrake is not
able to set a correct xorg.conf with both mouses Alps and USB for
example. So you have to copy your "multipurpose" xorg.conf and launch
X11 again.

Nicolas